Yesterday Neal and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. How do I feel after 21 years of being married to a preacher? Very, very blessed. And here’s why, in no particular order:
1. Our coworkers- We work with the best people. They’re all Christians.
2. Uplifting events- Gospel meetings, seminars, lectureships, and ladies’ days provide lots of opportunities to get revived, refreshed, & renewed.
3. Encouragement- Through the years we’ve been given some thoughtful notes. Sure, we’ve also received some criticism, but who hasn’t?
4. Prayers on our behalf- Many Sundays involve someone praying, “Please bless our preacher and his family.”
5. Opportunities for growth- There have been more than a few moments when I’ve been nudged out of my comfort zone.
6. Hospitality- We’ve enjoyed open hearths and open hearts in all kinds of homes.
7. Great meals (because of #6)- 🙂
8. Life events- We share in the lives of others when they get married, give birth, and bury their loved ones.
9. Compassion- Some of my stumbles and goofs have been pretty public. I’m grateful for the patience and love we’ve been given.
10. My sons’ role model- Their dad is a preacher who always speaks highly of the Lord and His church.
11. Mission trips- We don’t have to take time off from work; it IS our work.
12. Fellowship- I can never get enough.
13. Kindred spirits- I love the instant bond that forms when meeting other preachers’ wives.
14. Support- The church family is so good about being there through thick and thin.
15. Elders- God bless them for their labor of love. They have the best hearts and make the best bosses.
16. Baptisms- We rarely have to miss them. Day or night, we can stop what we’re doing and head to the building.
17. Preachers- We get to be around them, and get to know them. We sure like them!
18. Bible studies- I’ll never get tired of seeing the Truth work on the hearts of genuine searchers. Joy and tears.
19. People- We’re with all kinds…working, struggling, sharing, caring, learning, growing. It’s what our job is all about.
20. Friends for eternity- There are so many that we’ve met and loved through the years, and we never have to say goodbye.
21. My husband- He studies, prays, leads, and puts God first. What’s more attractive than a man with an open Bible?
Prayer for Today: Thank you, Lord, for my preacher, for Your church, and for the blessings you shower upon all of Your children.