According to my pocket calendar, today is the Day of National Encouragement. To celebrate, please enjoy some uplifting Scriptures, quotes, and even a treat!
Scriptures for You
- “As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him” (Psalm 18:30).
- “In the world you will have trouble; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
- “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22).
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Heb. 13:8).
- “Now may the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Rom. 15:13).
Quotes for You
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” –Anne Frank
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask–act! Action will delineate and define you.” –Thomas Jefferson
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” –Leo Buscaglia
- “The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances.” –Martha Washington, first First Lady of the United States
A Treat for You
“Warm Spiced Milk”
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/3 c. apple butter
- 2 1/2 T. real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
-Whisk together all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat until milk steams. Do not boil. Serves 4. (Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Blue Ribbon Family Favorites)
-We enjoyed sipping this belly-warming beverage last night on a chilly, drizzly Colorado evening. I used Pumpkin Pie spice in place of the cinnamon and cloves and simply heated it all up in the microwave.
A Prayer for You
Bless each reader, Father, with strength, peace, and compassion as they reach out to those around them and influence all who know them.