Thank you to all those who are sharing your inspirational thoughts and spreading cheerfulness. You’re lighting up social media (Matt. 5:16)! Here’s just a glimpse of some of the good stuff going around:
-Mandy Liddell posted this poem. I need to memorize it!
“Dear Lord, may I ever refrain
From speaking ill of others;
May I have kindly thoughts, as well,
For all my earthly brothers!
May I, dear Heavenly Father,
Radiate pure love for all…
May I see good in everyone;
May I pray for those in woe…
If I can do these things, O Lord,
While I am here on this earth,
I’ll feel my life’s not been in vain—
That I was blessed at my birth!”
~Gertrude Tooley Buckingham
-In the past three days, I’ve been excited to read three new blogs by young Christians. I thank God for their desire to encourage others and share God’s Word. Let’s encourage them, too, by supporting their efforts.
- “The Daily Dale” by Dale Pollard
- “Out of This World” by Katlyn Vanderwende
- “Balanced Basics” by Gary Pollard
-For something fun, girly, and helpful, check out this new planner by Virtuous Magazine:
-Sometimes I read something and know the thoughts will stay with me for days. Such was the case with these words by the brilliant mind of Cindy Colley:
-Recent terrific tweets:
- @Gospel Advocate- “Jesus viewed the 39 OT books as inspired by God and devoted Himself to studying them. Should we do any less?“
- @Stan Butt- “If anyone ever tells you, “It’s okay to be selfish,” they don’t know what they’re talking about.”
- @Kevin W. Rhodes- “When people do not see the good in life, it is because they first fail to see the God of life.”
- And just for grins….@Tim Hawkins- “Conversation heard:
‘Grandpa, did you ever work out?’
‘Because I was out working.'”
-Hugo McCord quote posted by Jared Jackson:
“When two people disagree on the interpretation of a Bible passage, one or both are wrong … but the Bible is always right.”
-Looking for some yummy recipes? Check out the lovely Chelli Guthrie‘s blog, “The Planted Trees.“
Prayer for Today: Bless these good people, Lord, as they continue to brighten the lives of others!