Revive Me, Week 44–A Year of Growing Stronger in the Lord
“Who is God putting in front of you?” This question was asked by Pam Randall. She is a soul-winner so when she talks about how to reach others, I want to listen. She is always involved in a Bible study and usually multiple studies. She cares about people and wants them to know the Savior. One time she even struck up a conversation with a stranger in Costco. That stranger is now our sister in Christ! How does she do it? Here are a few of her tips:
- You can’t wait until you’re good enough. You just start.
- Have a plan for soul-winning. Then you can be ready at any time. Pam uses the Open Bible Study method.
- Attach Scriptures to emails, payroll checks, or any other correspondence.
- Remember you can study anywhere.
- Be a big respecter of their time and they will invite you back.
- If you are asked a question you can’t answer, never try to guess it. Write it down and tell them you’ll get back with them.
- Send written thank-you notes in the mail. There’s power in that.
- Take failure or rejection. If Christ and the apostles were rejected, why shouldn’t we be?
- Be slow to be offended. Try never to offend.
- Never say, “I think,” or “I believe.” Let the Word speak.
- Never put down other religions.
- Do the Open Bible Study with your children and grandchildren. Don’t just assume they know it.
- Go to assisted living homes and show the “Searching for Truth” DVD.
- Remember that when God sees us trying, He will help us (Ex. 4:11,12).
Pam treats the opportunity to share the Good News as an honor. She said, “Isn’t this a wonderful thing that we get to do?” Indeed it is!
Suggestions for the Week:
- Create your soul-winning action plan. Be prepared for open doors.
- This week ask someone, “Would you like to study the Bible with me?”
- Think souls. See people as you go about your day. Smile, interact.
Read it. Memorize it. Live it.