By Kathy Pollard
There are many passages in the Bible that describe God’s character, and I’m thankful for that. Anytime I read about His mercy and compassion, it encourages me. His power and might created everything, yet His love is expressed to me personally. What a beautiful truth! It reminds me that I have worth. His holiness demands purity and goodness, yet His grace covers my sinfulness. This makes me want to try harder to live as Christlike as possible. How blessed we are to love and serve our great God!
Gather around the table with your family and look up the answers to these questions so you can be encouraged together. Or just grab a cup of coffee and your Bible and spend a few quiet moments soaking up some reassurance. God is good and always is, no matter what’s going on in the world.
1. How is God described in 2 Cor. 1:3?
2. What three character traits are ascribed to God in Exod. 33:19?
3. What does God abound in according to Exod. 34:6?
4. What words do Psa. 86:15 and Psa. 103:8 have in common?
5. Can you memorize Psa. 116:5? 😀
6. What is God’s compassion compared to in Psa. 103:13?
7. What all did God do for the one who waited patiently for Him in Psa. 40:1-2?
8. What do we learn about God’s lovingkindnesses in Lam. 3:22?
9. What should God’s mercy cause us to do, according to Luke 6:36?
10. What can our High Priest do, according to Heb. 4:15?
Wasn’t that a faith-building study?