Revive Me, Week 31– A Year of Growing Stronger in the Lord
Get the Message
About 6 weeks ago, I bought a little bracelet and I’ve been wearing it nearly every day since. Just yesterday morning in Bible class, I discovered that it has something written on the underside. It says, “Never forget how much you are loved.” I was so surprised and couldn’t believe I never saw it before then. All this time that bracelet has been right there on my wrist yet I had no idea that sweet message was waiting for me. Now I like the bracelet even more!
I wonder how many other things I’ve missed out on because I wasn’t paying attention?
- Bible study. I always have a Bible nearby. I try to read it daily. But am I paying attention? Am I examining it closely and focusing on the details? Am I seeing God’s message?
- Relationships. I have family and friends all around me. But am I paying attention to them? Do I see their cues, hear their hints? Have I been so distracted by my own schedule or constantly checking messages that I’ve been missing the needs of those most dear to me? Have I missed out on some friendships because I’ve been blind to efforts to reach out to me?
- Blessings. They’re everywhere, everyday. But have I taken them for granted? Have I even seen the blessings, big and small, that God sends me so that I will get His message, “Never forget how much you are loved”?
“Oh taste and se that the Lord is good” (Psa. 34:8).
Suggestions for the Week:
- Study the Bible intentionally. Look closely. Examine each word. See how sweet and dear God’s message is for you!
- Notice every thoughtful gesture by the people around you. Acknowledge them. Recognize it as yet another proof of God’s love and care for you.
- See the blessings, physical and spiritual. Help others see them. Ask God to help you keep your eyes open to them.
- Put your phone, laptop, iPad, whatever away. Instead of looking down at your device, look around and SEE people. Smile, connect, and see their messages.
Read it. Memorize it. Live it.