I love this list so much that I made three copies of it. I put one on our refrigerator, one on the boys’ bathroom wall, and one at eye level where the ironing board is (not that I spend a lot of time there). This list first appeared in Neal’s “Daily Bread” about a year ago (and can also be found on his blog, http://www.preacherpollard.wordpress.com), but I wanted to share it here because I had an idea. What if we all focus on one suggestion each day, using the number on the list that coordinates with the date? That means today we’ll focus on #11, “I will reflect meaningfully on the price He paid at Calvary.” Each month, start over again so that after a year of “25 Ways” in 25 days, keeping Christ at the center of our lives should be pretty ingrained. We can share this challenge with our children and discuss it in family devotionals at the end of the day. We can ask best friends to join in the challenge with us, and email each other encouragement. Bible class teachers can turn this into a group effort by giving a list to each of the students. Let’s see how much of a difference we can make in our families, churches, and communities by sharing this exciting challenge to grow ever closer to Christ!
Suggestions for how to focus on the list each day:
- Start and end each day with a prayer about the specific way to keep Christ at the center.
- Keep a journal. Jot down Scriptures related to it, along with personal reflections.
- Find at least one practical way to act on it.
25 Ways to Keep Christ in the Center of My Life
By Neal Pollard
- I will absorb myself in the practice of prayer
- I will actively practice kindness
- I will find someone each day with whom to share Him
- I will watch what I allow to grow in my heart
- I will consider carefully how what I do effects my influence
- I will actively encourage the people I daily encounter
- I will assume and look for the best in others
- I will nurture a hatred of sin and a love of sinners
- I will treat Scripture as daily nourishment for my soul
- I will keep a spiritual song in my heart
- I will reflect meaningfully on the price He paid at Calvary
- I will guard my tongue
- I will think longingly about heaven
- I will contemplate ways to be involved in the church’s work
- I will love His church with a passion
- I will cut out the tendency to rationalize or defend wrongdoing
- I will be discerning about what is spiritual and what is worldly
- I will grow in my understanding of what true love is
- I will humbly acknowledge the greatness and power of God
- I will do all within my power to help answer His prayer for unity
- I will pursue souls with the same vigor that He did
- I will look for ways to turn the conversation to the spiritual
- I will long for times of worship and devotion
- I will care less and less about my rights, feelings, and desires
- I will think, speak, act, and look more like Him every day
Prayer for Today: May I do all I can, dear Lord, to make it obvious that I belong to You.
14 thoughts on “25 Ways to Keep Christ at the Center of My Life”
Soon as I figure out how, I will print this out too.
You are very creative, Kathy! Thanks for the suggestion.
Thank you, Husband. And thank you for the list!
I really liked this and printed me one to make copies. Good work!
I really like this and printed me one to make copies!
That’s great, thank you!
Love this, Kathy! You continue to inspire me. Thank you!!
Thank you so much, Michelle!
“Right on target” thanks for the inspiration we all need reminders from time to time.
Thank you very much!
Thank you so very much for posting this….I need it from time to time!
Excellent list!! Thank you Kathy and Neal!! I will start doing these!
Thank you so much for reading!