Political unrest, overwhelming national debt, sin tolerance, socialism, health care plans, rights of citizens, crime sprees…
In the midst of all of the distressing news, I need a reminder every now and then of the glory of the Christian life. “A faithful man will abound with blessings” (Prov. 28:20). So instead of feeling overwhelmed, fearful or discouraged, let us bolster ourselves and each other with the bounty of blessings found in Christ. Find a quiet spot, open your Bible, and whisper a prayer of thanks as you circle the words that show the measure of goodness God bestows on those who are His.
(Emphases mine, to highlight words having to do with abundance)
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing” (Eph. 1:3)
- “For the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him” (Rom. 10:12)
HOPE & GLORY
- “That you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints” (Eph. 1:18)
- “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Rom. 15:13)
- “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed” (2 Cor. 9:8)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace, which He made to abound toward us” (Eph. 1:7,8)
- “That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:7)
- “That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might” (Eph. 3:16)
LOVE & FULLNESS
- “That you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height–to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Eph. 3:17-19)
- “That you may know….what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe” (Eph. 1:19)
- “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” (Eph. 3:20)
- “Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble” (Psa. 119:165)
- “And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:7)
Let’s show the world our confidence in these blessings so they will want that kind of security for themselves. Let’s show our neighbors and fellow Christians that we rely on God’s abounding and steadfast love (Psa. 103:8). And let’s be a blessing to others by abounding in good works and sacrificial love (1 Cor. 15:58; 2 Cor. 8:7; Phil. 1:9).
Prayer for Today: In a world of turmoil, may we always recognize Your goodness and grace.
4 thoughts on “Blessings Abound”
Most excellent! Thank you for the reminder!!!
Neal should propose to you all over again. Awesome job!
Ha, I’ll tell him you said that. Thank you, Jeff!