A few months ago I shared the photo below on my husband and dog on social media. Several posted comments like:
“That’s not a dog…it’s a grizzly bear!”
“That dog is huge! What kind is it?”
“That can’t be a real dog.”
“That’s a wookie.”
“Is that real? When’d he get so big? (Your dog, not Neal)”
Chipper does look ginormous in the picture but he’s only a medium sized goldendoodle and weighs about 55 pounds. Something about the perspective of the shot makes him look a lot bigger than he actually is, especially compared to Neal.
How are you at keeping things in perspective? It’s easier to see when someone else has trouble because they’re approaching something from the wrong point of view. We might think, “If only they would change their attitude concerning ______…” It’s more difficult to recognize in our own life.
Thankfully the Bible is our mirror (James 1:23). We can look into it and see if we need to make any changes.
- What causes you to worry?
- Do you have unresolved issues with someone?
- Do you wonder what you’re supposed to do with your life?
- Do you feel like you’re not good enough, your past is insurmountable, or Christianity is too hard?
Satan wants you to struggle and doubt. He wants to discourage you from ever “getting it right.” These types of questions can be more easily resolved when approached from a biblical perspective. When we keep our focus where it belongs, the predicaments of life don’t loom as large.
“Therefore, if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above…Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.”
Suggestions for the Week:
- Study verses that have to do with spiritual priorities: Luke 12:22-34; Col. 1:10; Matt. 6:19-24, 33; 22:37,38; Luke 10:38-42; Rom. 12:2; Phil. 3:13,14; 2 Tim. 2:22
- List your concerns and pray about them. Ask God to help you keep things in their proper perspective.
- Consider the quote, “Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.” Have you allowed fear to control your decisions? How can you strengthen your faith to help you see things God’s way?
Read it. Memorize it. Live it.
2 thoughts on “Revive Me #18–Keep Things in Perspective”
Well, once again it was like you were reading my mind!! I needed this first thing this morning. These are definitely the EXACT things I have been having trouble with the last few days!! Thank you for this morning boost. Oh and LOVE the picture!! LOL
Thank you, Annette! I’m glad you found the post helpful. Thank you for reading and commenting!