Revive Me, Week 47–A Year of Growing Stronger in the Lord
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.”
“Be thankful” (Col. 3:15; 4:2). “Give thanks to Him and praise His name” (Psa. 100:4).
- In all circumstances- 1 Thess. 5:18
- In all that you say and do- Col. 3:17
- In every situation- Phil. 4:6
- Always and for everything- Eph. 5:20
- Forever- Psa. 30:12
- For God is good and His love endures forever- 1 Chron. 16:34; Psa. 106:1
- Because it is God’s will for you- 1 Thess. 5:18
- For the Lord is the great God, the great King- Psa. 95:2,3
- Because of the kingdom- Heb. 12:28
- Because everything God created is good- 1 Tim. 4:4
- Because of grace- 2 Cor. 4:15
- Because of the generosity of others- 2 Cor. 9:11
- Because it is good-Psa. 92:1
- Because of all of the Lord’s wonderful deeds- Psa. 9:1,2
- Because God answers- Psa. 118:21
- Because the one who does it glorifies God- Psa. 50:23
Expressing thanks should be easy for the Christian. We are most blessed! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, readers. May the Lord bless you and your loved ones as you continue to live for Him.
Suggestions for the Week:
- Memorize Psalm 100
- Send handmade cards expressing thanks for several individuals who may feel unappreciated, unnoticed, or taken for granted.
- Makes sure your daily prayers overflow with thanksgiving.
- Create a list of specific things to be thankful for. Post it in a prominent place and add to it daily.
Read it. Memorize it. Live it.